Friday, September 7, 2007

Here is something we watched during orientation that is funny, yet accurate! http://www.infonegocio.com/xeron/bruno/italy.html

I haven't had any Italian language classes yet, but I find myself learning words through street signs and ordering food. Usually, when I study a language I have trouble with pronunciation. However, in Rome, I find myself constantly using the same words over and over again which helps me solidify not only the vocabulary, but also my accent. Additionally, it is extremely helpful to hear different Italians say words, because you can pick up on all the different intonations. Something I learned the other day after seeing what I thought was an argument on the bus was that when Italians speak loudly it is not a sign of disrespect or an argument. It is a way for them to show that they are paying attention to the conversation.

I am on my way to a guided tour of Rome! This weekend we will be going to La Notte Bianca! If you have any suggestions on what to see during this event let me know!

Ciao!
Candice

No comments:

National Capital Language Resource Center