Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Rome is My Home, Too!


Hi, Candice,

I am going to follow your blog very carefully. Rome is one of my very favorite cities. I lived there for ten years. I married a Roman. We were married on the Capitoline Hill under the watchful eyes of Marcus Aurelius. I have many important and happy memories of Rome. Enjoy yourself in one of the most intriguing cities in the world!

In the photo below you will see the marvelous statue of Marcus Aurelius, the great Roman emperor. The beautiful building in the background is where the mayor of Rome has his offices.

In the photo on the right you will see an aerial view of the Campidoglio with the statue of the emperor in the center. This square was designed by Michelangelo. The two buildings make up the Capitoline Museum. I was married in a room in the museum on the left.

No comments:

National Capital Language Resource Center