Thursday, September 27, 2007

Italian Time

Anyone who has ever been to Italy knows that Italians work on their own special clock. Italians don't feel the need to rush to please everyone online. In the grocery store you could wait twenty minutes to check out because the customer is talking to the cashier about their life. The worst is if you are the first stop on the bus route, the bus driver could have his lunch or go talk to other drivers before he starts the bus again.

I'm not saying I don't like Italian time, in fact I do. It is just hard to get accustomed to because of the American go go go attitude that I have been brought up on. I secretly wish that Americans adopted this way of life. I think this is going to be one of the hardest points for me to readjust to, because I enjoy my two hour leisurely lunches and feel less stress about accomplishing everything on my list to do. It is definitely obvious that Italians are less stressful than Americans, they go with the flow much more easily and take time out of the day for themselves.

No comments:

National Capital Language Resource Center